April 20, 2009

Great quotes for Dojo readers

I came across some of my favorite quotes from my college days and I wanted to share them with the Dojo. Feel free to add your own!

“If you make people think they’re thinking, they’ll love you: but if you really make them think, they’ll hate you.” --Don Marquis

“…the evidence was only God’s way of getting his foot in the door of my life.”
--Josh McDowell

“If you want to know what water is don’t ask the fish.” --Chinese proverb

“Do not try to create and analyze at the same time. They are different processes.”
--John Cage, artist

“If you can’t fly, run. If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving…” --Martin Luther King, Jr.

“You never judge a philosophy by its abuse.” --Augustine

2 comments:

Mary said...

"Judge not lest you be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged." - Jesus

JMS said...

"Mary", you may want to finish the rest of that quote... ;)

JM's Audio Teaching Archive

Check out sermon.net/jmsmith for some of my messages and teaching sessions:

Bruce Lee quote of the day...